You need help? [email protected]
In a few steps to digital teaching:
Search the catalogue
Find a suitable course in our catalogue.
Create a new class
Now you can create your class automatically or redeem a voucher code.
Instructions – step by step
Write your own courses
You want to teach with your own eSquirrel courses for free based on your own learning materials? Switch to the authors’ tool in the teacher’s portal and create your own course.
Here you will find a short guide on how to create your own course and the writing can begin.
This authoring tool is completely free for you and your students. The features are the same as with our paid courses. The only thing you have to do is create the questions yourself.
Register yourself or create an account
- On the eSquirrel homepage, click on:
- If you don’t have an eSquirrel account yet, you can create one in the bottom right corner under “Create Account”.
- After entering your data, you will receive a confirmation message by e-mail (if you have registered with an e-mail address) or by SMS (if you have registered with your phone number). Click on the link sent to you to complete the registration.
You can then simply log in with your access data.
Create a new class (via portal)
If you are logged in, you will find the different tools of eSquirrel in the upper left corner of your browser. To teach with eSquirrel you have to create a new class. You can do this in the teachers’ portal.
There you select:
Then select the eSquirrel course you want to use (or create a new one and release it in the authoring tool).
Enter a class name (e.g. 5A 2019/29)
Enter the number of students in the class.
Select the duration of the course.
To test the course for free, select 1 month. You can extend it later (the progress of your students will not be lost).
You can also buy class licenses for a longer period. Pay either with your credit card or PayPal. After entering the payment data you will receive the class code (incl. QR code). If necessary print this code out for your students with the included instructions.
Create a new class (via invoice)
Search in our catalog for your desired course. Select the option “Class license (per invoice)” and enter a duration. Now the price per place (student) for the selected time is displayed. Enter the desired amount of places in your class and select “Order”.
The order is now added to your shopping cart.
When your order is complete, finish the purchase process via the catalog. If you are ordering for more than one class, enter them in the appropriate comment field in the checkout.
Invite students to your class
Once you have created a class, you can easily print out the instructions for your students (click the in the bottom right corner “Print instructions for students”). They will receive a message: “New class successfully created!”.
Alternatively, you can open your eSquirrel class via the teacher’s portal and click on the printer icon under “Management”. This way you can also print and distribute the instructions at any time.
Students can also register on the eSquirrel website and join the class under eSquirrel Student.
Now you can TEACH!
In the teachers’ portal, you can see the registered students and their course progress. You can also:
- browse through the table of contents
- lookup answers to all questions (“cheat sheet”)
- give quests as homework
- lock/unlock quests
- view Learning Analytics – evaluations of particularly difficult and simple questions for the whole class (including export to Excel and print)
- answer questions you students might have
- create quizzes (including export to Excel and printing)
- manage the class – view class code, print instructions, remove students, add places (including export to Excel and print)
eSquirrel as a homework tool
Students can do their homework interactively and digitally at home.
Lesson structure: Teachers go through the regular material for their lessons. There is no on-site work with the eSquirrel app yet. Quests from the eSquirrel course are assigned as homework.
Here’s how it works
- Select the desired course
- Go to “Content, Homework” – there you will see the entire content of the course.
- Select quests to be done as homework
- Click on the hourglass next to the quest and select a day and time
- Done! You have set your assignment.
Students can have fun reviewing class materials and prepare for upcoming lessons. Teachers do not have to correct each homework assignment of each student individually. With learning analytics, all assignments are automatically evaluated and teachers can see which students have struggled with which assignment.
eSquirrel in the classroom
Students practice the learned material during class and can repeat it interactively together with the teacher.
Lesson structure: Teachers go through the regular material for the planned lesson in the face-to-face class. The eSquirrel app is used directly in the classroom during the lesson. Students immediately repeat what they have learned and work on tasks related to the topic.
Here’s how it works
- Select the desired course.
- Go to “Content, Homework” – this will display the entire content of the course.
- Lock all quests that are not needed for the lesson.
- Your lesson is ready!
- Use the “Help request” feature with your students. They can click on the question mark in the top right corner of every question and click “Ask teacher a question”. They can view the questions directly (“Help request” button) and answer them in class or collect them for the upcoming lesson.
Thanks to the playful aspects of the app, students can duel with classmates. Teachers can use the lesson material creatively. The lesson is more varied and playful. The “Help request” function allows you to respond directly to questions.
eSquirrel as a tool for lesson revision
Students practice the learned material during class and can repeat it interactively together with the teacher. Teachers compile a quiz from the question pool in a very short time and set it up. They receive the evaluation directly afterward.
Lesson structure: Teachers put together a quiz in the eSquirrel portal in just a few minutes. At the beginning of the lesson, students are asked to open the app and complete the quiz within a set time. The results can be discussed with their students in class.
Here’s how it works
- Select the desired course
- Go to “Quizzes & Worksheets”, assign name & duration, and “Create quiz”.
- Click on the created quiz and select questions from the course question pool.
- Click “Schedule quiz” and set a date
- Optional: Print out the quiz and share it with the class.
You have created a lesson revision within a few minutes and evaluated it in seconds. You can discuss the results directly in class. Students can no longer see the right or wrong answers after each question. They get an overview of all correct and incorrect questions at the end of the quiz.