The eSquirrel GmbH with headquarters in Guglgasse 6/2/608, 1110 Vienna, tries to do everything in its power to prevent unauthorized access to data of its users/applicants. Technical protection measures from the beginning („privacy by design“) such as SSL encryption and trusted cloud solutions should guarantee the highest possible data security.
2. Collection, processing and use of personal data
eSquirrel has legitimate interest in collection, processing or use of the personal data by eSquirrel or third-party service providers in the name and on behalf of eSquirrel. The legitimate interest is the search for employees/partners.
The collected data will be stored for 1 year. If there is a possibility of further contact (e.g. in case of newly opened positions) the data will be stored for 5 years from the time of the last contact.
The following data of applicants is processed by eSquirrel:
- Data that you provide to eSquirrel in the course of your application. These data may be communicated in the letter of application/resume, in the course of correspondence or interviews and/or through other channels.
- In particular, eSquirrel processes personal details such as first name, last name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, information regarding professional career and qualifications and the content of any correspondence.
2.2 Additional technical information
Every access to eSquirrel transmits usage data and, if necessary, saves it in log files. These data are:
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Browser type and version
- Device model, device name, device unique token, and operating system
- Name of the retrieved page
- Date and time of retrieval
- Referrer URL
- Transferred amount of data
- Status message as to whether the retrieval was successful
- Log data about the execution of the call
These data are automatically collected for the purpose of providing the eSquirrel service to the user.
3. Purpose binding
The collected data is used for the following:
- Evaluation of the candidate for the advertised role
- Evaluation of the applicant for other (potentially not yet advertised) roles
- Communication with the applicant during the application process
- Communication with the applicant about possible future roles
- Prevent, detect and remedy potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce eSquirrel’s Terms and Conditions, resolve disputes and resolve problems.
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
eSquirrel does not sell, barter or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for commercial purposes. eSquirrel transfers personal data of users only to third parties, if and to the extent that the user has given his consent to this, or insofar as eSquirrel is obliged to do so as a result of legal regulations or official orders.
Third parties are not external service providers of eSquirrel who provide services on behalf of eSquirrel. These include, for example, host providers, payment providers, debt collection agencies or e-mail or newsletter senders commissioned by eSquirrel for sending e-mails/newsletters from eSquirrel. Under “eSquirrel sub-processors” you will find a list of all service providers that provide services for eSquirrel under regulated conditions on behalf of eSquirrel.
Use of Google Analytics with anonymization function
5. Creation of anonymous and pseudonymous usage profiles for the optimization of services
eSquirrel will conduct and conduct research on the behaviour of its users as part of the use of its service, anonymizing and aggregating user data for this purpose. These data are stored within the scope of the EU Data Protection Regulation. The creation of user-profiles is for the sole purpose of making eSquirrel’s service more efficient, secure and user-friendly.
7. Information about stored data
The user has the right to request information about the personal data stored at eSquirrel at any time, as well as their origin, the purpose of the storage and the recipient to whom the data is forwarded. This information is free of charge and will be given in writing. The request for information must be accompanied by a copy of the identity card in writing and signed by hand to the following address: [email protected]
8. Deletion and correction of data
You have the right to object to the processing of your data and to demand the deletion or correction of the data stored about you. Please contact us via e-mail to [email protected].
9. Verification of personal data
To protect against people who misuse eSquirrel’s Internet services, eSquirrel uses randomly automated monitoring tools to randomly analyze activities on the platform and check the plausibility of user input, without any legal obligation on eSquirrel. Certain strings or logins from different users, such as those coming from a computer, can lock suspicious activity.
10. Current state of the art
The user is aware that data protection in the case of data transmissions on the Internet is not yet comprehensively guaranteed according to the current state of the art. In particular, e-mails do not represent secure communication, as the „reading“ of content can not be technically excluded. eSquirrel is not responsible for this, the user himself takes care of the security of the data transmitted by him to the Internet itself.
eSquirrel has no influence on the compliance with the data protection regulations by the operators of external websites and services of third parties and can not assume any liability for the adherence to the data protection regulations by the operators of linked sites. eSquirrel does not endorse the content of external websites, eSquirrel or users of linked websites or files under any circumstances.
As of June 8, 2020
Contact us at any time, even if you wish to delete your account, at [email protected]!